Friday, March 18, 2016

Finding the Truth



I received an email from a friend who was confused, hurt and sought the truth. She is a good person, faithful and loves her God. I am sharing this as there is a valuable life lesson to learn for most of us.

She works for a large corporation and in April they receive their annual increase in salary that is merit based. Having worked for the company for over seven years, she proved to be a dedicated, loyal work and received a promotion twice since joining the company. Previous increases have always been in the region of between nine and fifteen percent. Over the last year, she achieved some notable awards such as “best time keeping” Employee of the year” and “Diligent worker”.

Expecting to receive a relatively good increase based on her performance, she said that when she read the increment letter, she felt betrayed and that everybody within the company knew if the increase was enough, then management were pleased with their performance. A paltry four percent increase, she said, and then went on to say, that considering that taxes had increased, electricity increased, the petrol price increases and interest rate increases, how do bosses expect people to survive. She said that the price of bread a staple food for most South Africans had risen from around ZAR5.50 in 2008 up to over ZAR11.00 in 2015. She reminded me that the cost of living had increased so much that it people work to pay rent and buy food only. The quality of life, she said had deteriorated and she feared that suffering was inevitable.

After all the complaining, she then wrote the following:

I was shattered and sorrowful.
Last night I could not say a word of praise or thanks to my GOD. I was tired and eventually fell asleep, but because HE is so faithful, he still gave me LIFE.

This morning because HE is life, I woke up, and I tried to pray as normal, but I could not utter a word, so I reached for my Bible.

Praise GOD that HE gave me the answer. I read in the book of Haggai 1:6-9 and I realized where my problem lies, it is within me. (See scripture below)

 Firstly the word of GOD is the truth and if I cannot see any of HIS promises being fulfilled in my life I  had to know that there is something wrong that I am doing and that my Creator is not happy with the way I live.
The answer that I received through this scripture is that I should build his Temple and according to the book of 1Cor 6:19-20 my body is the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT [GOD _The Trinity].

For me, this message implied that I should put my life in order before the LORD so that I can receive  HIS blessings.

I would like to say JESUS is the truth, the way and life and there is nothing impossible with God  (Luke 1:37).HE is the solution to our daily life situation.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Her second email, to me, confirmed that she pleaded for forgiveness and started to find blessings in all that she did. She told me that instead of complaining, and when her mind slips into a negative realm, she quickly remembers her countless blessings and gives praise and thanks.
She went on to say, she accepted the increase and even though it might not solve the financial woes; she is grateful. Grateful that an insignificant matter turned her heart to her Creator.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
 Haggai 1:6-9King James Version (KJV)
Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.
Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.
Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord.
Ye looked for much, and, lo it came to little; and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the Lord of hosts. Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own house.



No comments:

Post a Comment