Friday, March 11, 2016

A Personal Dilemma – A life Lesson



Shakespeare made on of his characters say – “Life ….. it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing”.  Is life empy or is there a beginning, a middle and the end? Life I believe is a journey traveled once only. We need guidance to help us ensure that the onetime journey is a life well lived.

It has been over a week now since I had to endure the humiliating experience of receiving a suspension letter.  I have now received the notice to attend the disciplinary hearing next week. It is not the accusations or charges against me that I fear.  I am confident that if I am armed with the truth and factual evidence, then I have nothing to fear. What I am trying to cope with is the humiliation brought upon by the actions of a suspension letter.

I have given then entire process much thought, read articles and spoken to plenty of people and yes, there is are zillion ideas that people share. Some are good and some downright scary. If I had to process, all the ideas shared I believe I would be so confused and unable to see the truth in this entire account. 

At one time fear crippled by being and all scary thoughts scrambled through my mind. I had no choice but to step outside the situation and face this fear. It was most comforting for me to realize that the fear was nothing more than a figment of my imagination, my ego. I really have nothing to fear, and once I realized this truth, I was set free. Since my realization, I have managed to curb thoughts of fear and the unimaginable by just taking control of mind and bring it back into the present. I have no control over the future, and the past is gone, I am only in the present, and now that I am where I am meant to be, I am at peace. 

The life lesson I learned was to – Listen to G-d in the silence of my heart.


One aspect that I had difficulty coping with is how quick people are to change their views. One day they are friendly, caring and considerate and on the first mention that I may have done something wrong, everything changes. No longer do they speak to me, but continue to gossip, escalating a charge that is untruthful. I gave this some thought and believe that people are drama queens most of the time. Thriving on gossip, demonizing situations and creating an energy of false opinions and that negative energy is sent into the universe. Moreover, we learn that in life, people will drift in and out of our lives, and the ones that stay on the journey of our life are the ones that we treasure.
Now I understand, that this entire event is a life lesson, and the humiliation I suffered was to teach me that I can turn a bad situation into something good. I can hold my head up high, and walk with dignity; I  can forgive people and most importantly present the truth. I have learned that it is the truth that is the major factor in this situation and that the truth fears no questions. 

Armed with the truth I will present my evidence next week, and am confident that I will remain victorious. The history of the human race is a story of moving from place to place, and I am in the process of moving on and by the grace of G-d I am.

 I will share the update next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment