Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mandela Here, Mandela there, and Mandela Everywhere

Hello everybody,

What can I possibly say about Nelson Mandela, its the huge media coverage that says it all. The media exposure is explosive, compelling and massive.

Anyway I wrote an article, giving my views on this and it was published in the Guardian Express. Here is the link should you want to have a read.

Mandela Here, There and Everywhere [Op-Ed]
I think it is sheer madness, anyway that is my opinion. Especially here in South Africa, it seems as though the entire country has some opinion or comment or tribute they need to have published. Crazy, but I will say that some of the comments to the local articles are far more entertaining than the actual article. People are truly crazy sometimes; it's astounding to read what they have to say. It is entertaining and sometimes downright true.

I spent this morning writing another article and will probably have this published later on today. Of course, it's about Mandela. As Mandela is a top trending topic, I thought I would do another article.

I am so looking forward to the New Year, and the follow up on the Zuma scandal, the Nkandla spending and disclosure of the public protector's reports. We could say that the announcement of the Mandela death has given Zuma a reprieve and taken the spotlight off of him.

I certainly hope that the opposition parties and the media don’t forget to indulge in the Nkandla affair after Nelson Mandela is finally buried in Qunu.

I am sure that the Zuma followers will continue to protect him and deny the corruption of the latest scandal and hope that Mandela's death will force people to forget his devious deeds.
With the phenomenal media coverage Mandela is getting, I am sure the majority will not even think about Zuma and his corrupt allies.

Well timed, and well played. We have to say that Zuma is a true genius of manipulation.
I heard a rumor that something is coming down at the end of this year, it's to do with an influx of people that will arrive in South Africa, and this could either mean that Zuma has another plan to manipulate the people or that he is being cautious ahead of the elections. Will keep you posted.


Have a super week.
Your friend,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment