Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pale and Male in South Africa - no work for you!!!


I could not resist sharing this email.  I received this from a friend who sent a letter to Radio SAfm, really this all about color, white males will not get work.


I sent this to Karen Key of SAfm radio. She does the law report each Monday at 9 pm.


Karen,
I would to take issue with your guest speaker on Monday, 23 June 2013.
He mentioned, "If you are pale and male" you will have to let someone else (of Colour) take the job.
He went on to say that the imbalance of the past has to be addressed.
I would like to put on record how humiliating that is.
I was a full member of the Anglican Church, and when Tutu was promoted to Bishop, I was told they did not want me and did not know who I was. I was White and they, who said these words, were Colored. I never went back again. That was at end of 1980s.
My parents attended the Anglican Church since their youth, and got married in that Church. Now I was outcast.
No thank you! I do not accept your guest speaker's explanation. I take him seriously. He does not want us, "pale males". What responsible White male will be able to tell his wife, "I lost my job because I am White. I can not look after you. . ." That is humiliation!
Pack for Perth! ?



I  have listened to Law Report for over two years every week.
Now I won't bother to tune in.

Good bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment