Friday, March 4, 2016

A Personal Dilemma – part one



I want to share the emotional, traumatic and shocking incident that is currently happening in my life. There is the old saying that, we are never to old to learn and that there is always a first time for everything. It is true there is a first time for everything. Although I have experienced so much drama during my lifetime and have managed to overcome, I find the latest attack against me cruel and downright unnecessary, but I have come to realize that there is a life lesson to learn here, a lesson of trust, patience and ultimately the peace that passes all understanding. A blessing in disguise!



Sometimes in life and as we get older, it would seem that the most important factor is peace of mind, simplicity and good health.  Well for me, good health is something that I can say I definitely have, simplicity is another huge factor that works for me and most important peace of mind. Now my peace of mind was disturbed this week when I was thrown into a predicament that I had never been in before.

Throughout my working career, I have always maintained that was the one area of my life that I would protect, work hard and remain diligent. I am proud to say that although I have worked for about five companies over the last 40 years or so, I always have been perceived as an exceptional worker. I might have made mistakes and taken a stupid decision with my personal life but work was an exception, I remained committed. 

However much trauma I had to endure throughout my life, it was all related to my own personal time, such as deaths, dealing with delinquent children, sick people, poor people, the lonely, the lost and the outcast, and the usual ups and down people experience. I can deal with trauma, insensitive people (at times), crazy people and problems. What I cannot deal with is people who blatantly plot against others, persons who are obsessed with a “mightier than thou” attitude and we have a lot of those around.   

I consider myself to be a peaceful, honest, hardworking person. I am an approachable person and have always remained committed to helping people, especially the underprivileged. It is just how I am, a kind-hearted soul who wants to do good. The problem today is that there is so much evil in the world and kind-hearted people get the worst deal.  The tough people take advantage of the good natured people but it's OK, in my heart I still believe that it is better to overcome evil with good and have a clear conscience. Peace of mind that is the ultimate goal to have inner joy, happiness and contentment.  

Over the next week or so, or at least, until I have closed the entire incident, I will share my thoughts, feelings and actions of my last few days at work. I was handed a letter on Wednesday, March 2nd suspending me with immediate effect. I am not going to divulge the reason at this stage as I believe it is irrelevant. What I want to share, is the reactions of people, the loyalty and my approach to this incident. 

It has been two days since receiving a letter that will ultimately change my life forever. The initial shock was sort of dramatic for me, as I have never experienced such humiliation. Of course, there are feelings of anger, resentment all coupled with a dark cloud of disbelief. 

The mind is incredible, when a sudden unexpected incident happens, the thoughts that crop up are scary. As one sits quietly and tries to process the entire saga and the anger subsides, logic kicks in and a new understanding starts to happen. When your world is turned upside down, it is unbelievable how the mind and body tackle the sudden change and for me, I am thankful, and can say that I am shaken but not defeated. Every day, I am appearing to be calmer, happier and accepting the change that is about to occur.

I believe that the incident is a process to a better future. Although I would never have imagined that I would end my career in this manner, I think there is a higher power that is moving to close this cycle of my life. I say that because I have wanted an exit plan for years and was too afraid to jump into the unexpected. I think sometimes we all need a push in the right direction and this is not the end of my life but a beginning of the new exciting journey, one I eagerly want to embrace. 

In the second article, I will share the thoughts and perceptions of people who are currently helping me deal with this matter and how the most unexpected incidents just happen.

Stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment